You are migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7 and you are stuck with your mail client: How to transfer all your mails, attachments, contacts, account settings and plugins to the new Windows 7? Well, that’s really easy, just follow the tutorial below.
- First, set your folder options to show hidden Windows files – go to My Computer/Tools/Folder Options and then choose View. From the View tab choose “Show hidden files and folders” and click OK
- Next, go to My Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\[Your USERNAME]\Application Data and copy the folder “Thunderbird” to USB or other media.
- Now go to the Windows 7 computer and install new Thunderbird client. Important: Do not run Thunderbird after installation.
- Set up your Windows 7 to show hidden files and folders – go to Computer/Organize/Folder and Search options/View and select Show hidden files, folders and drives.
- Next copy your backup Thunderbird folder from Windows XP to Windows 7 into C:\Users\[your USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\
Now you can run your mail client and start using it immediately because everything is already setup.