Your Android goes with you everywhere. You carry almost as much information on the phone as you do on your desktop. You occasionally want prints of your email, documents, and photos, but need the right app. Here are some apps for the Android which will help you print those vital documents.
- Printershare Premium [Free demo, $4.95] – Print anything you choose using the Printershare application. The app will use the wi-fi network to locate printers. Select the contacts, web pages, or pictures you wish to print and press the button. The free version of Printershare will print test pages and up to 20 pages. The premium version removes those limitations.
- Canon Easy PhotoPrint [Free] – If you have one of the popular Canon Pixma wireless printers, you can print to it using the Canon Easy Photoprint application. Select one of the JPGs stored within your Android and click on print. The process is simple.
- Roboprint [$3.99] – Roboprint takes files from your Android and prints them through wi-fi to your chosen printer. You can track the status of the printer and print out over the 3G network. Through the Windows Host Application, you can print to any printer. There is support for Gmail, PDFs, Doc, TIF, and many more types of files. Print your documents from anywhere in the world.
- Brother iPrint & Scan [Free] – Brother iPrint and Scan takes your JPGs and prints them to Brother machines using a Wi-Fi connection. Using this app, you can print, scan, and email your pictures. You can print up to five 4″ x 6″ copies of your document.
- Send2Printer [$4.99] – Print your to-do lists, photos, files, and contacts with the Send 2 Printer application. The app will hold documents until they are ready to print, then print when an appropriate printer is within range. The application supports Epson, Canon, Lexmark, HP, and Brother printers.
- Breezyprint [Free] – Breezyprint does not require any extra hardware or features to make your printer whirr. You do not have to configure IP addresses or firewalls. Breezyprint installs quickly on your Android and works with any specified printer over the wireless network. Select the email which you wish to print and select ‘print.’
- Cypria Free [Free] – This application searches for Epson printers, allowing you to print directly from your notepad or camera. Print out many images using the multi-page print feature. You can print without a border, print templates, or print web pages using this application. The app will automatically search for supported Epson printers.
- Picwing [From $4.95 /mo] – Pictures are meant for sharing. With Picwing, you can take pictures while you’re on vacation and have them sent directly to your family members. Transmit your picture to your Picwing account and it will soon be shipped to your family and friends.
- HP iPrint Photo [Free] – The HP iPrint Photo app allows you to print photos to your HP printer. Crop and edit photos at your leisure, then wirelessly print them through your Android. You can print your pictures up to 5″x7″ in size and create documents which are suitable for framing.
Printing from the Android is made easy with these apps. You can connect to the network with a few button clicks and print out all of your important email. Many applications work wirelessly, so you do not have to wrestle with the USB and other connection wires. Print documents to your printer with the Android.