There are a lot of tests on the internet which can help you with this issue but this is simple one, need just basic computer skills and a simple knowledge of excel(2007 or higher). Bellow you can find few easy steps how to do speed testing with excel.
1. Open MS Excel application
2. Close other applications which are currently visible in taskbar
3. Wait 10 seconds!
4. Click on MS excel application
5. Click on View menu
6. Click on Macros/View Macros
7. Write test and click create
8. Select text and click delete
9. Copy paste the code below
Dim i As Long
Dim j As Byte
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
t = Timer
For i = 1 To 50000
For j = 1 To 10
Cells(i, j) = “Test”
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
MsgBox (Timer – t) & ” Seconds”
10. Click Run
11. Wait for a while and message with number of seconds will appear
If you computer after this test shows in a message with number of seconds bigger of 28, you could be sure that it is time to change it with new one. As you can see from the last screenshot the computer used for this presentation i really slow.
Enjoy and if you like you could share this with your friends.